6.1.06

Thursday Thirteen

I have a million things on my mind, so what better to do than relax for a few, listen to an old episode of Coverville, and play Thursday Thirteen. I apologize for the light text color. I'm on the computer all the time, but am mostly html and web design illiterate, so I have no idea how to fix that. If anyone wants to throw some tips my way, I'd be more than happy to try to figure it out. When I have time, that is. ;)


Thirteen Things about The Movie Monkey


1. I think I may be more excited to have a child than my wife at this point (quite a big flip-flop from even a year ago). None yet, though. :(

2. I'm going to be up all night for the next two nights directing and co-producing a short film, my first directing project in almost ten years.

3. I have the perfect sized bellybutton for collecting a lot of bellybutton lint.

4. I love plants and find it very cathartic to take care of them (though I don't spend nearly as much time doing so as I would like).

5. My dad used to have bird feeders all around our house in Steamboat when I was a kid. Now, I find myself putting birdfeeders everywhere and absolutely love seeing birds out there. Rosy finches, rock doves, sparrows, the occasional cactus wren.

6. I have a fascination with Komondors (the mop dogs) and would love to have one but probably never will for 2 reasons: 1) I'd feel guilty having a dog w/that much hair in Arizona where it's so hot, and 2) they require daily maintenance and that's too much for me. And 3) my allergies probably wouldn't deal well. (A little Spanish Inquisition moment there.) (Monty Python reference for those not in the know.)

7. I love licorice. Black, red, whatever.

8. Over the past month, I have become a HUGE fan of coverville (www.coverville.com). I've listened to all current episodes and have now gone back to listen to the first 138 episodes. I'm now listening to #9.

9. Guilty pleasure movie: Three Amigos.

10. I've recently become hooked to the TV show The Shield and can't wait for season 5 to start up.

11. My first moment in the limelight -- I was a featured extra in "Diagnosis Murder" back when they filmed it in Denver, CO. I was completely bald at the time (a phase I went through...) and was cast as a street punk. I got to lick a car window and make rude facial gestures at Victoria Rowell until Scott Baio, someone from my hood, told me to leave her alone. I also had great moments as "guy walking past a window" and "guy leaning on the car across the street."

12. I left my tech walk-through tonight (for my short film) at nearly 11pm and my friend Jason, with whom I carpooled, convinced me we should stop at Taco Bell. This is now the 2nd time in as many weeks in which he's convinced me to eat fast food after 10pm, something which I gave up pretty much after I left college. I feel gross and bloated, which will help me sleep I'm sure ;) and make me feel 110% tomorrow. :P

13. My mother is Australian and is a Legal Alien here in the US of A. When my sister and I were born, she registered us as dual citizens, so we both have citizenship in the US and Australia. It's pretty groovy having 2 passports and not feeling like I'm doing something wrong. One of these days, I'll have to post some of my old passport pics. They're pretty funny.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens I have visited!

1.
Just takes a minute
2. Snickerdoodles
3. Give Me Something To Sing About




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

Paisley said...

A lint catching belly button...how true, how true. :) Glad you did this. :) Good luck on your shoot.

Kimmy said...

I'm a new member to Thursday 13...stop by and visit.
I can't wait to share your flower story with my mom. Anytime she gets a potted plant my dad, brother and I always joke that it's going on deathrow. I don't know how I managed to have a thumb of any color!
When you're editing your post you can change size and font of your post. To change the font color click on the "T" and multi-colored square.
Good luck on your film!

Kimmy said...

Movie Monkey..."Bye Buddy! Hope ya find your dad." I stop whatever I'm doing to watch that every single time! (I prefer to stop and watch the entire money. I could make an "elf" blog!)
Glad you stopped by...I hope I've found someone who appreciates all the lines I memorize from movies :p

Andy said...

"Bye, Mr. Narwhal!" That cracks me up. Will Ferrell is so great in that film! I have a feeling it will be up there with A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street (the original) and It's A Wonderful Life for my annual Christmas movie viewings.

And yes, I love movie quotes. My wife catches me quoting movies to her as regular conversation. If she hasn't seen the movie, it works great b/c she thinks I'm super clever. ;)

TMM