12.2.06

Favorite Bad Jokes

So this has nothing to do with movies, but every now and then, a completely lame joke from my childhood pops into my head and, even though it's bad, I still smirk and chuckle. Why is this? Is it just the memory of the joy the joke caused me when I was young? Or am I just that easily amused? Either way, I figured it'd be fun to share a bad joke. If you have one that you still giggle at and tell, even though it elicits no response from the crowd, share it! We'll all be laughing this time; you just can't hear us b/c we're not in the same room.

This is the joke that popped into my head just now. It's lame. I actually got this one from The Big, Fat Joke Book, a book I received as a gift when I was probably about 8 or so. I must've read it 1000 times before it disappeared -- probably sold at a garage sale or donated to a library without my knowledge or say-so.

A young boy takes his shoes to the cobbler. While the cobbler is working on his shoes, he asks the cobbler, "What do you make the shoes out of?"
"Hide," the cobbler replies.
"What?" says the boy.
"Hide," says the cobbler again.
"Why?" asks the boy, confused.
"Hide! Hide! The cow's outside!" the frustrated cobbler replies.
The boy shakes his head at the cobbler. "Why should I hide? I'm not afraid of any old cow."

Buh-dum-bum.

I told you. It's bad. But somehow, it still makes me smile.

So what bad jokes do you still grin at? Do share. Oh, do. Do.

TMM

4 comments:

Uisce said...

I've written plenty of bad jokes, and it's nice that the genre has fans out there! :)

Buffy said...

Anything from Family Guy.

Kimmy said...

Knock knock jokes...any of 'em. I don't know why. They make me giggle...except the ones Jacob makes up. The boy doesn't have the knack (knack) :p

Paisley said...

How can you tell Ronald McDonald on a nude beach?

He's the one with the sesame seed buns.

...and my all time favorite...

What do you call a dog with short legs and steel balls?

Sparky.