22.2.06

Thursday Thirteen #4

Hola amigos! It's time for my next TT -- and this time, I'm doing it Wednesday night so people actually can look at it on Thursday. Finally thinking ahead. Of course I'm procrastinating on many other things I need to do, but really -- what's more important that blogging? ;)

So here we go...

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things that make me SHUDDER



1. People clipping their nails anywhere but their bathroom. I don't know what happened in my childhood to make me hate this so much, but it just revolts me be near someone who is clipping their nails. The worst moment EVER was when my wonderful wife, Paisley, and I were at the theatre and during intermission, a guy in the row in front of us pulled out his clippers and began clipping right there in the theatre!!! It was so revolting that I wish I was able to force myself to vomit so I could have taken my mind off of it. And perhaps I would've hit him with it which would've made me feel better.

2. Stepping in someone else's blood in the ER. Particularly when it's gloppy, like the gloppy chunky blood I stepped in, completely unawares, when I took my wife to the ER when she was having pains in her abdomen related to LBD (Little Black Dot, which is now Little White Blob, aka our growing baby) (and don't worry -- she is fine now as is LWB) (But the blood was disgusting).

3. Mushrooms -- BLECH!

4. Stepping into a bathroom stall and finding that the person who used it before me didn't flush a #2 or vomit (is that a #3?).

5. Cleaning up cat or dog poop off the floor -- something about that squishy feeling makes me want to vomit. Luckily, our cats don't poop on our floor.

6. Cleaning baby diapers -- I'd better get over this one right quick.

7. Egg plant - right up there with mushrooms.

8. Cleaning up vomit.

9. When a trash bag rips open and the contents spill out and you have to pick up the goopy glop created from all your trash mixing together. Especially when something in it was going bad and the smell is rancid and has that gross, humid feel. Ewwwwwwww.

10. Gutting fish. Yet I still do it when I fish. Why? Because I feel obligated to as the adult who catches and kills the fish (I usually go with my Little Brother, from Big Brothers Big Sisters and he loves catching them but won't gut them.)

11. Opening a jar of something in the fridge only to discover that it's not only gone bad, but that the jar is now full of mold. Whew! That's one spicy meat-a-ball!

12. Scraping out squishy food bits that are clogging the disposal.

13. Watching people eat the random animal parts on Fear Factor. What is UP with that show? I don't mind the crazy sports, but eating raw pig spleens? What kind of sadistic people produce that thing?!?!?

How about you? What makes you SHUDDER?

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Uisce
2. Paisley
3. Chickadee
4. Karen
5. Gary B Phillips
6. Nancy
7. Kimmy
8. jk :)
9. leemarie
10. stacey




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



13 comments:

Uisce said...

Nice list. Now please excuse me, I think I need to go #3! :) My 13 are up!

Paisley said...

Cleaning up cat VOMIT. I can hardly keep it down.

Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement with on the bathroom thing. Come on people FLUSH. It also grosses me out when I see skid marks in the pot and pee drops on the seat. Gag.

My 13 are up.

Anonymous said...

Your list seriously made me shudder. lol

Here are some interesting adjectives you used this week:
gloppy, goo, chunky, squishy, rancid, gutting, clogging ... omg, I'm seriously nauseous now. lol

Thanks for sharing, I think. *grin*

My TT is up.

Gary the Llama said...

Feel free to lump me into the mushroom hating crowd. Blech!

Btw, I updated my blog since you tagged me.

Anonymous said...

Just wait until your kid pukes in your hand. Or projectiles across the room, like in the Exorcist.

I have 3 and they have all done it.

I hate mushrooms and eggplant, too.

I'm Up!

Kimmy said...

Yay for MM! People are actually reading your 13...ON THURSDAY! :p

Well that was nasty. And if Uisce hadn't said it already...I need to go #3. (That's hilarious! What you said...not me :p)

I agree will all of it. Here's one more...goobers, hockers, phelgm. Here's my story (don't I always have one?) I'm a nurse. Used to be. I don't know what I am now. Anyhooty...I had a headache, wasn't feeling well, and a patient was sick...how dare she?

She was almost 90 years old, didn't weigh 90 pounds soaking wet and had thick phlegm she'd choke on. I had to suction her a lot so she could breathe. (I'm one of those good nurses :p)

This particular afternoon she was sitting up in her chair, and I just happened to walk into her room to find her choking. I grab an emesis basin and the suction tubing, but started gagging. Gagging. Gagging. Then it happened. I had to leave this poor lady choking on goobers to go to her bathroom and puke. (I flushed!)

No joke! I seriously said, "Hold on." Left her and puked. (I'm one of those good nurses :p)

I'll leave now so you can do #3!

Have fun in Colorado tomorrow. Be safe!

Andy said...

Little did I realize that my list would actually be one of the things that would cause others to shudder. ;) All part of the fun I guess. Hee hee!

Nancy -- thanks for that exciting thing to look forward to. I forgot all of the other exciting things to expect with kids!!! Yeehaw!

Kimmy -- that is hilarious and disturbing all at the same time. I was glad to hear that you did deal w/#3 in the bathroom rather than over your patient while you unclogged her.

Karen -- aren't adjectives fun?

thanks for dropping by, everybody!

Kimmy said...

Oh. The "Oh my gawd" button in my blog... that is really weird. I love that button... but am disturbed it's a drag queen. It just looked like an ugly old lady to me :p

I've changed a lot of my buttons around... I'm sure I'll put that one back up soon.

Jacob's been wanting me to ask for some time now, but I kept talking him out of it... he wants to know all about your spiderman "part". I've explained what an extra is, but that doesn't matter to him. YOU were in SPIDER-MAN! Love that kid!

Kimmy said...

How weird! We were commenting at the same time. We should get a medal or something :p Glad you watched some of the Olympics.

Pack a coat! Tell Paisley hello... and LWB, too!

Anonymous said...

I shudder everytime I read "vomit" on your list. Glad I'm done reading.

Happy weekend :)

Mig said...

I was just reading this and I have to say while you grossed me out, I can totally relate and have experienced myself all thirteen things. All of which made me laugh from your perspective. Great way to end the day. THANKS!

Andy said...

Glad to hear I grossed you all out. ;) Stacey -- i heard of that show but never saw it. I don't think I would've been able to watch it though. Icky.

TMM