19.2.06

I'm it!

Well, I guess I was tagged, which means my next blog will consist of me answering questions for your entertainment. Enjoy!

I've been tagged by Kimmy

*Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot*

1. So Much Myself (co-starring the bandwagon)
2. Cocktails and Smokes
3. a girl named inky
4. snickerdoodles
5. The Movie Monkey

Next, select five people to tag.

I'll do three since I don't visit that many blogs and don't want to randomly pick people...
1. Kodijack
2. Gary's Filmmaking Journey
3. Paisley

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I had only recently come back from a semester off where I worked at Walt Disney World as a part of the Disney College Program. I was an attractions host in Area 6 in Disney/MGM Studios. (Area 6 consists of The Magic of Disney Animation, The Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and the Behind the Scenes tour of Disney's latest animated film.) Six days after returning, my girlfriend at the time and I broke up -- we had grown apart quite a bit while I was gone. I was living with an old friend from my job at the movie theatre and was busy with school. I was finally taking Film 3500, which was the 16mm non-synced sound production class. It was there I met my favorite college professor who taught me a lot, and is still a good friend. I also met one of my great college buddies who I just found out today is getting married next year. I was also babysitting my sister's cat while she was studying abroad in Costa Rica. Her cat was awesome, even if I did have to clean up periodic diarrhea messes.

What were you doing one year ago?

I had just ended a business relationship with a friend which was a bad split. I ended up with the nonprofit org that we had developed. After the bad split, I pulled out of the film production company which we had formed together. I was going to push on and help get the feature film produced that we had been working on (I have since pulled out of that as well). We have since mended our friendship and she's still pushing hard to get the film made, and I'm still running the nonprofit.

Five snacks you enjoy:

1. Chocolate Chip cookies with milk
2. Reeses Pieces
3. Peanut Butter
4. Dr. Pepper (does that count as a snack?)
5. Cherry Garcia ice cream by Ben & Jerry

Five songs you know all the words to:

1. Tainted Love by Soft Cell
2. Particle Man by They Might Be Giants
3. Three Is a Magic Number by Bob Dorough (of Schoolhouse Rock fame)
4. A Little Respect by Erasure
5. Love Me or Leave Me by Nina Simone

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

1. Stop working so I could completely focus on Making a Movie
2. Pay off debt for everyone in my family
3. Buy my mom a house
4. Start investing & learn how to do it right
5. If there's any of that million left, I'd take a trip around the world with my wife to see the world

Five bad habits:

1. Not working out
2. Online window shopping for things I shouldn't buy but want, even though I don't need them
3. Not replying to emails -- just reading them
4. Putting off my writing time
5. Ignoring my chores

Five things you enjoy doing:

1. Anything with my wife, particularly when we can be holding hands
2. Watching the sunrise over the Grand Canyon (not that I do it that often, but it's possibly one of the greatest spiritual experiences I've ever had and I highly recommend everyone do it). Watching any sunrise, actually. Sunsets too.
3. Watching a movie that I'm completely engrossed in
4. Making mixed CDs that I give to family & friends as birthday presents (whether they actually like them or not)
5. Directing films

Five things you would never wear:

1. The Swan Dress Bjork wore to the Oscars (seen here). Not much chance of that, anyway, since I don't mix birds with my dresses. The AmEx card Dress (2nd one down), on the other hand -- you'd better believe it. ;)
2. The Body Suit worn by Mr. Goodbody (seen here) (though I did learn a lot from him)
3. Mickey Mouse's shorts
4. Goofy's little green hat (it kinda looks like a green chef's hat, doesn't it? How strange...)
5. The terrible stone costume that they made poor Michael Chiklis wear when he portrayed The Thing in Fantastic Four

Five favorite toys(/games):

1. spinning tops -- I don't know why they fascinate me so...
2. Othello
3. Dominoes (anyone up for a game of Mexican Train?)
4. my Tuck and Roll dolls from A Bug's Life that talk to each other. Frickin' hilarious because all they say is nonsense.
5. Chess, even though I really suck at it. It's a game that my dad introduced me to as a child. I have always found it to be a fascinating game and I love playing it -- I just wish I had the mental capacity to be another Bobby Fisher

Holy cow! That's it! I did the test! So now I've passed it on to 3 others. May they fare as well on these choppy seas of questions as I have.

Enjoy!

The Movie Monkey

2 comments:

Paisley said...

I'm glad you didn't subscribe to bad habit #3 with me in the beginning. I shudder to think where I'd be now without you...

xoxoxoxo

Kimmy said...

I think I would be less frightened seeing you in the swan dress than Bjork. It still amazes me when I see pictures of her in that "dress". Where were her friends?

The body suit...hilarious! Do I remember him? Part of my brain says yes, but I'm not sure. Hmm...