3.2.06

Movie Question of the Day #4

Hey there, world.

So I have been addicted to the TV show "The Shield" since last fall. I don't know how many of you out there watch it, but it's a pretty hard, edgy show and I totally love it. It always fascinates me when a character does awful things but you can't help but like them anyway, and that's how I feel about the people on that show, particularly Vic. He's got his own code and does a lot of bad things, but he also is a very honorable, admirable person and does a lot of good for his precinct. I think it's possibly one of the best shows on TV right now. Not that I'm watching THAT many shows, but I do watch some TV. (But it is definitely an ADULT show -- don't let your kids watch it.)

Thinking about this show made me think of all the great writing out there in the film and TV worlds, and, in particular, all of the great evil characters that you can't help but love even though you hate them.

So here's my question of the day:

What evil, bad, ass-kicking, or otherwise not very nice movie or TV character can you just not get enough of? And here's a trick for this one -- try not to name someone that another person has already said.

With that, I'm going to claim stake on one of the greats, and most obvious. Hannibal Lecter as played by Sir Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Red Dragon.

The Movie Monkey

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Since Hannibal Lecter's out...what's left? :D

I'm going to have to go with what's his name...the bad cop Denzel Washington played in "Training Day". Although I feel Sean Penn should have won the Oscar for "I Am Sam"...Denzel deserved it! He made me hate him! (And that takes a lot of doing!)

So my vote for now is for ol' whatshisname.
...until I think of someone else.

Kim said...

I'm thinking and thinking, and all I can come up with is a character from tv...

Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer...before he went and got his soul back in the final season. He was bad and I definitely couldn't get enough of him.

Paisley said...

I like Constantine, from... Constantine. Not a likable guy, but yet you really care for him.

But I'd rather vote for Hannibal. :)